2015 GENERAL COMPLAINTS LADC

PHONE ISSUES

Phone system: DSI ITI offender connect facility ID# 100

*(571) area code numbers cost too much.
As much as $10 for a 15 minute phone call. I experienced this a lot calling my gf at the time.

*Ridiculous confusion on how to unblock an inmate number. A friend accidentally blocked me, and it took her 3-4 months to figure it out. They kept assuring her it was fixed, when it was not.

*Collect calls are broken. "This # requires billing arrangements"

*Unknown limited number of calls you have. 

*High surcharge, and tax should be included in quote.

*If you collect call a number once and get voicemail, you cannot collect call that number again. The robot will say "requires billing arrangements"

*The volume on the phones need to be adjusted it's too low. (but yes of course it's also noisy in the pod)


COMMISSARY & FINANCIAL MATTERS

* Items are constantly damaged, crushed or incorrect or simply missing. We are seldom reimbursed.
* If a different item came in place of something, you are stuck with it. You cannot give it back for a refund. What if you received peanuts and had peanut allergy? Waste of money.
* Need healthier foods. 
* Outrageous prices. 
* Pathetically small commissary list.
* Guards confiscate your bought toilet paper and ivory soap because they cannot tell the difference between commissary items, versus prison given items. 
* $1 a day taken for "accommodations" is never predictable when the money will be taken out of your account. This makes it hard to calculate precisely how much you will be allotted to spend for commissary.
* Officers are not held accountable. A officer smashed my radio once which cost $21. No refund. No blame. Nothing I could do.
* Sheets sheets are too thin. 
* Wash rag is too thin.
* Blanket exchange, is not done often enough. I've been here 9 months, and I've only seen blanket exchange done only ONCE. 
* The radio's are useless in the dayroom besides for hearing the TV's. There is too much interference on the radio's due to the Electromagnetic interference from the florescent lights above.
* Book cart is supposed to be every week, but we get it by weekly.
* Nail clippers and razors are not given every Sunday, as they are supposed to be.
* When new commissary sheets are made, not enough are printed out for the entire pod. 
* Prices were raised prices already too high.
* Request forms not being returned! One of 20 might make it back to you. It does not matter how minor your request is, or how polite you are.
* Sometimes it takes days to even get request forms. They are not always handed out. If you ask, sometimes they'll say "hold on" and ignore you and not come back to you. Try again tomorrow and  tomorrow. Or officers will give excuses such as "we are out".
*Radios cost $21.95, yet the speaker features are removed. JWIN brand


LAUNDRY & SHOWER ISSUES

* Dryer 3 constantly broken for weeks at a time. Service man did not fix properly. Still out of order. We hang signs "out of order",  but deputies just take the signs down. 
* Dryer 3 Burns clothes and leaves marks on your linens ruining them.
* Dryer 2 constant circuit breaker issues and leaves metal filings in your clothing.
* Washing machine is missing knobs.
* Washing machines need to be disinfected.  knobs were finally added back in January of 2016
* Some showers are scolding hot it should be a lawsuit.  1/30/2016 G pod actually burned my foot.
* Only 3 of 6 showers are being used because the shower heads are no good in the others.
* HC102 spray's a straight line of water like a water fountain. Needs adjusted. Cannot use
* No one uses HC125 as the pressure is too high and you cannot properly shower in.
* HC129 people mostly use this shower because of its widespread shower head. This causes people to bottle neck to only a few useable showers causing them to get dirtier, faster and become disgusting.


MISC

* Toilet paper is frequently stolen in the dayroom. If taken, and you need toilet paper, deputy told Me "Too Bad!"  (Officer o' tool)
* Day room toilet needs a door. People refuse to do a number 2 because no privacy. I have suffered greatly with holding it.
* Day room sink needs more pressure. I put multiple requests in for the day room fountain
* We have to rinse our cups in the shower because of the above noted lack of pressure.
* Day room lights;  look into electromagnetic harm. I can "sense them" when they turn on, and I'm in my cell asleep. 
* Air intake in the ceiling needs cleaned.
* Steel seats harm your buttocks and spine.   
* Cell vents have no air filter. You are inhaling dust whilst in your cell. 
* Water has high level concentration of calcium. Water Is frequently white, when not even hot.
* Water pressure in cells are frequently an issue. I have put in 2 requests to have mine adjusted. It's not acknowledged or forms get returned over 2 months later. Water sometimes barely comes out of faucet. More like "dribbles" or oozes around the spigot. I had to make my own spigot using a flexible "security pen" and a rubber band. 
* Insufficient padding and mats for people with back issues like myself.
* Denying toilet paper.
* Work release does not transfer property to regular property. 
* "Right to a speedy trial" But many inmates are here for months without being convicted.
* Delay in sexual harassment statements/forms and ignorance.
* Investigate if cameras can see us shower nude. If so, Is it deleted?
* Sponges are not cleaned regularly or disinfected. 
* No two deputies operate the same way. Especially with things like when the rec yard door is being opened or closed, getting forms, handing out the remote for the TV, doing work or favors, inquiries et cetera. To get things done, you have to get a sergeant, lieutenant or new guy.
* Threats between inmates, are not taken seriously by officers.
* Books are old. 
* Neglect of type of threats
* Grievance forms are never given out.
* Whole pod gets punished because of one person. 
* Didn't get all the soap pods 1 out of 9 only 1 was given on January 10th 2016.
* Half of pod did not get commissary on January 2nd 2016. We got it on January 10th 2016. 
* Deputies switch vests which have their name tags. So frequently deputies are confused or blamed.
This happened with officer Logan, Bermudez , Campbell and Staley.
* On January 24th the ceiling fan vent was wide open. (wind must have blown it open) We could see the sky very well like an open door. We had just had a blizzard of 16" of snow. It was freezing in the pod. No response to work orders, and it remained open while it is 0゚ at night. During this time, we were still forced out into the pod, with no blankets. Most inmates had no long sleeve shirts. This ceiling door was open for almost 2 full days.
* G pod has gross cells not cleaned by trustee's. It is common to see urine and semen stains on the walls. nasty conditions. I had to clean the floorand walls with rags, water and soap. I asked for cleaning supplies when I arrived and I was denied.
* Work force work release rules enforced arbitrarily. Hand book not followed.
* Expensive rent for work release
* If you annoy a deputy and have any pending request, they will either ignore the request completely even if urgent or emergency. Or they will wake you up between 2 a.m and 5:00 a.m in the morning just to piss you off and get it even.

Bret's story
 Bret went to medical 3 times for a unknown skin infection and nurses didn't know what he had, and they didn't want to do any testing. It took another inmate to tell medical what he had, which was scabies and THEN nurses finally could give him treatment. The nurses don't have a clue what they are doing. Inmate was isolated in medical for a few days, but then came back. He still had scabies yet staff made him come back and with put in with a celly. It was not long until his cellmate Dave got infected with scabies.


DEPUTY STATEMENTS

* While in intake, I was complaining about my back pain from my Akylosing spondylitis. I was simply told I have to "tough it out" 
* When I had to be taken to general population, I was then I was having such a bad panic attack and shaking, I stopped in the hallway, and the officer said "sir I don't know what you're experiencing, but we need to move on" said by Officer Staley.  (He obviously never had a panic attack before) 
* No straight responses "because officer wouldn't sign off" 
* Some deputies don't let us clean during the day for several days  like officer Toy-
* Even trustees admit cheap meals puts more money in the chef's pockets.
* Freezing cold "drunk tank"
* Four A.M wake ups, are completely unnecessary for courts hearings when you do not leave until 7.

 
FOOD ISSUES
* Really good meals only come if a lieutenant visits to look good then back to crap food after.
* "Can meat opener is not sanitized" trustee statement. 
* Food stored in wrong coolers. Prepared food with raw food. Trustee statement.
* Why is water not always brought in?
* No clarity on who can be trustee and who cannot.
* Rats in the kitchen. Trustees have seen them. Food looks "chewed" sometimes they say.
* It takes weeks to switch diets and is never consistently right or permanent.
* Staff does not know what a "soft" diet is. After I had wisdom tooth surgery, I was handed a tray with pizza and hard Ginger snap cookies, and the tray was labeled as "soft". Deputy Staley called the kitchen and they told him it was "soft". I missed many meals for days, and had to submit many requests. Nothing got fixed Until I talked to a sergeant. I had to go through this whole ordeal again when I had stomach issues for nearly 4 weeks. At one point, I was handed a meat bland tray. I do not eat meat. I have been on common fare for a very long time, yet I  receive bland most times. Other times just common fare. I gave up on the matter. They are hopeless.
* Tray's incorrectly labeled bland soft common common fare.
* Spices and peppers are frequently in "bland" trays. Good thing I don't have allergies 
* Some objects I have found in my food include, large bone, Paint from trays in the food, a broken spoon, stickers and rubber bands.
* Food is sometimes completely cold or one side won't be warm. 
* General lack of fruits and nutrition 
* Sour milk on occasion.
* Sugary drinks instead of water if cooler doesn't come. This happens about once a week. I prefer water. But no one wants to drink white water from faucets. The drink mix had a warning label on it.


SEXUAL HARASSMENT

 My friend Timothy was being inappropriately touched by his cell mate. His cell mate played with his nipples while he was sleeping. Smacked his buttocks like drums, and gave him a hug while he was urinating standing up. Staff ignored several request forms to be moved apart.  Finally we got a lieutenant to move his cellmate. Glad he was moved before things got even worse.


MEDICAL COMPLAINTS

 I have many medical issues constantly being neglected my Ankylosing Spondylitis causes a lot of pain, inflammation and fusion. I want to prevent this fusion but they won't let me be treated. I have hiatal hernia, sleep apnea, gallstones, abscessing jaw, hemorrhoids, muscle spasms, esophageal stricture, cold sores, swollen knee and severe anxiety, just to name a few.
* Jail cannot provide  substantial medications for me like Saraquil which I used to be on for 2 years. 
* Medical staff refused to treat a stomach bacterial infection I had. Saw the doctor. They tested once and did not find blood. They refused to do any other tests, even a blood test.I found blood in my stool and they tried to tell me it was the pizza for lunch, without even looking. I was having 6 to 12 movements A-day for 3 weeks and issues for a full month. I was In-and-out of medical 6 or 7 times. They would not hold me long term and would not help me. I could not use the day room toilet due to anxiety from lack of privacy and stolen toilet paper and officers would refuse to give me T.P. Luckily, after a month it went away. But I still wonder what it was.  An inmate described he had the same thing once in another jail. He described it as a stomach bacterial infection. 
* Jail's motto is,  "if you weren't on the meds when you came in, you cannot get on them now" I was told this by multiple nurses. 
* They refuse treatment for for new issues or current if you were not being treated for it before. Period! that's messed up! Even if people don't have a prior diagnosis, people have issuesNOW and need treatment!
* Staff gangs up on you. Deputies get involved with you and nurses if there is a problem. It's 4 against 1. they'll put words in your mouth, deny you, deny you and then med staff bro fists deputy for  stepping in and intimidating me.
* Not allowed to have panic attacks at all. I was having a panic attack early in intake. The nurse said "all we can do is say calm down"    CALM DOWN!!!!!!????? Don't you think I would if I could?
* Incorrectly requested medical records. 
* Excluded requesting medical records.
*  Uncertain of medical records received by both the nurses and myself. Filled out 5 to 7 releases of information and they say they still have not gotten certain records.
* Nurses do not tell you when you are low on medications. Or how long you will be given them, Or If you are even being charged, or when they will be stopped. If you ask they say "I don't know."
* Non consistent medication and frequent errors. For example I was supposed to be given 2 to 4 meds the day before a wisdom tooth extraction. I did not get any of the medications until 36 hours after the surgery!! Even then it was not consistent. I was given antibiotic one day, then not given them the next day, but then finally it was consistent. It was very difficult to get ice as well for swelling. Could only salt rinse once a day. It was Supposed to be 3 times A-day, but I could only do it once a night. Then I had issues with kitchen diet (see kitchen complaints) I was not given antibiotics long enough, twice.
 Redhead nurse does not allow her name to be known when I asked for her name, she quickly placed her hand on her ID card and said "you don't need to know". Ashley is just straight up mean to everyone. * Given wrong medication and/or incorrect dose constantly.
* January 20th doctor forgot to up my dose of motorin. Now I have to wait weeks to see the P.A again.
* January 21st through January 30th I was told doctor saw message but did not respond. Then today Ashley tells me the doctor would have made that mistake. Now I'm stuck with 400 mg when it's supposed to be 600mg and I really need 8! 400 doesn't even scratch the surface of my pain.
* Meds are called in the morning, but seldom in the evening and midday. 
*Meds are not always called. If you do not receive your meds, they will lie and say "we'll call you up to medical later" and they never do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1/31/16 Dear Mom

June 2015

Dear Mom, 9/28/15